Monday, January 23, 2012

Welcome 2012

Both 2010 and 2011 have been difficult years for me and the people close to me. 
In 2010 I discovered that I was going to become a Nana for the first and probably only time.
My joy was overwhelmed by the knowledge the child I was waiting on would already be undergoing great challenges even before he left the womb.  His mother, my sweet "Princes Adorba" is a meth addict and an alcoholic.  I spent 2010 praying that my grandchild would get here safely.  After a lot of painful drama, Alex arrived a week before Christmas.  My heart was filled with gratitude that he had all of his fingers and toes, and bright happy eyes.  He felt so small and sweet in my arms.


In 2011 Alex has captured the heart of everyone who has met him.  The sad part is the nagging knowledge that things are not going quite right.  Because he is so young it is difficult to be sure, but I feel very strongly that I am seeing signs of Autism in this beautiful engaging child.  He is a contridiction to be sure.  Funny and smart and angry and fearful.  He still doesn't sleep through the night and he seems to have forgotten how to say all the early words he had learned to use. Spinning objects is a favorite past time as well as a fascination for shadows.   He is more than a little impatient and gets disturbed when things change in his little world.  He likes things to be predictable.

Just before Christmas he started walking.  Now he cruises around like a pro. He still gives great hugs and wet baby kisses.  He still loves Elmo and Buzz Lightyear, but something I can't quite define is just not right.  So I will continue to be Nana who gets up with him at night, comforts him when he gets a boo boo, and mean Nana with the "Time Out Chair" when he doesn't listen.  Alex and I will take one day at a time and as 2012 progresses we will make the best we can of things.  Love goes a long way to making things right.

I have had Alex duty since June of 2011.  It has been difficult for me to have enough energy to keep up this blog and my design work.  I am hoping that this is going to change in 2012.

May all of my visitors find joy in the New Year and enjoy that which your heart desires most.

Thanks for dropping by.   I have been busy working while Alex naps creating some new products to make your scrapping hobbies great fun.  They are finally ready and in the store at NDISB and on sale at
30% off    through January 30, 2012

Happy Scrapping!  Casey 






2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my new blog Hon,, How lovely to read how Alex is doing. You are so right of course, love does go a long way to making things right. I pray the signs you are seeing are simply this little guys way of dealing with his difficult start in life and that the love and devotion you shower on him will see him through to a healthy, happy and secure childhood. He seems to be doing so well already.
    I linked you up on my blog!
    I will be back and running soon, be strong
    Hugs B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Your scrapbooking designs are beautiful. Alex looks beautiful too, and my heart goes out to you. May you be blessed with the strength to bring joy, love, and blessings into his life, and to have these things for yourself as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I enjoying hearing from my readers. Please visit again.